Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Simon Brown <Si...@openwave.com> on 2007/08/06 18:29:42 UTC

iterating through urls from csv data set config using while loop controller

Hi,

I'm interested in learning how to do the following in JMeter:

1. Iterate through contents of csv file in while loop and stop at EOF.

Currently, using a 'while controller' JMeter I get the following error:
2007/08/06 17:23:06 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid uri 'http://<EOF>': escaped
absolute path not valid

Setup as follows:
	- While controller
		Condition: ${__javaScript("<EOF>" != "${url}")}
	|- HTTP Cookie Manager
		Clear Cookies each iteration?: Checked
	|- HTTP Request HTTPClient
		Server Name or IP: ${url}
		Retrieve all Embedded Resources from HTML files: Checked
	|- CSV Data Set Config
		Filename:		inputUrl.csv
		Variable Names:	url
		Delimeter:		\n
		Recycle on EOF?:	False

[${url} = value which is read from inputUrl.csv]

2. On encountering an error (any error) ignoring it and processing next
url in list

Also, I'm getting the following errors when running through a list of
urls:
2007/08/06 13:45:43 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed!
java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at javax.swing.tree.TreePath.<init>(TreePath.java:98)
        at javax.swing.tree.TreePath.<init>(TreePath.java:98)
        at javax.swing.tree.TreePath.<init>(TreePath.java:98)
        at javax.swing.tree.TreePath.<init>(TreePath.java:98)
        at javax.swing.tree.TreePath.<init>(TreePath.java:98)

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening or what I can do to
avoid it?

Thanks,

Simon

RE: iterating through urls from csv data set config using while loop controller

Posted by Simon Brown <Si...@openwave.com>.
Fantastic!  I'll download it now!

Many thanks!

Simon