Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/28 10:33:25 UTC

Releases...

Hi !

it seems like we need a few releases. Studio is being brewed, so is
Fortress. The Apache LDAP API and ApacheDS have been released a week or
so ago. Some performance issue have been found in Studio that are caused
by some bad code in the LDAP API, and that means we need to cut a new
release.

So I'm going to cut a LDAP API release tonite, followed by a release of
ApacheDS. That will allow Studio to use those releases. Fortress has
some failing tests with the API, which will be investigated.

All in all, Studio startup will be way faster when you have many
connections (down from 30 seconds down to 7 seconds with 100 connections).

Anyway, I have released a parent project this morning, and the release
of the LDAP API and ApacheDS will come soon.

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Releases...

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 30/08/2018 à 21:58, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi !
>>
>> it seems like we need a few releases. Studio is being brewed, so is
>> Fortress. The Apache LDAP API and ApacheDS have been released a week or
>> so ago. Some performance issue have been found in Studio that are caused
>> by some bad code in the LDAP API, and that means we need to cut a new
>> release.
>>
>> So I'm going to cut a LDAP API release tonite, followed by a release of
>> ApacheDS. That will allow Studio to use those releases. Fortress has
>> some failing tests with the API, which will be investigated.
>
> FYI, release of ApacheDS is not required, we can just update the LDAP
> API in Studio.

yes, I intend to wait a bit for ApacheDS, like when the txn part is
available. Might be a matter of weeks.

The LDAP API is out, I'm waiting for the vote to end.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org