Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com> on 2007/10/22 00:34:27 UTC

Assigning issues in JIRA?

Heya!

Does anybody know how to change the assignee field in JIRA?  I just
can't find a button for that...

/Janne

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 10/22/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi Janne,
>
> I'm copying the incubator general list for feedback from others with
> more experience in ICLA vs. Software Grant...
>
> On Oct 22, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:
>
> >> Perhaps you can recap the status of the code. Was most of the code
> >> written by a small number of people? Were there a large number of
> >> substantial contributors at some point? Either a Software Grant or
> >> an ICLA would be appropriate once we understand the nature of the
> >> contributions.
> >
> > This reflects the current situation pretty accurately.  I've
> > contacted everyone, so I know how to find them.
> >
> > http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/ApacheRelicensing
> >
> > If they don't want to sign an ICLA, a software grant is still
> > sufficient?
>
> Yes. An ICLA covers current and future contributions, but if all they
> want is to grant rights and not contribute further, a Software Grant
> is fine. If they want to contribute in future, they can always submit
> an ICLA later.

this sounds right to me

- robert

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Janne,

I'm copying the incubator general list for feedback from others with
more experience in ICLA vs. Software Grant...

On Oct 22, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

>> Perhaps you can recap the status of the code. Was most of the code
>> written by a small number of people? Were there a large number of
>> substantial contributors at some point? Either a Software Grant or
>> an ICLA would be appropriate once we understand the nature of the
>> contributions.
>
> This reflects the current situation pretty accurately.  I've
> contacted everyone, so I know how to find them.
>
> http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/ApacheRelicensing
>
> If they don't want to sign an ICLA, a software grant is still
> sufficient?

Yes. An ICLA covers current and future contributions, but if all they
want is to grant rights and not contribute further, a Software Grant
is fine. If they want to contribute in future, they can always submit
an ICLA later.

Craig

> /Janne

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Janne,

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Janne,

On Oct 22, 2007, at 8:13 AM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

>> Juan Pablo, Dirk, Murray, and Andrew all have accounts and should
>> be able to access their Apache logins and the svn repo.
>
> OK, so I'll add them as committers as well.

To the JIRA project.

>> The FAX copy is sufficient. The ICLA has been recorded. Have you
>> tried to log in or access the svn repo yet?
>
> Yup.  I put in a README, NOTICE and LICENSE files already, but
> nothing else yet.

Yes, I saw that.

> Do we now need Software Grants from all the people who ever did
> anything or JSPWiki, or ICLAs?  Might as well start hunting for
> those...

Good idea. Best would be to get everyone to sign an ICLA to cover
their present and future contributions. That was one of the
discussion topics before the vote to invite JSPWiki to incubation.

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
[...]

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> I went into jira and added you to the JSPWiki project roles of
> committer (also contributor and PMC) so you should now be able to
> assign issues.

That seemed to do the trick, thanks!

> All of the current committers should have their permissions changed
> as well... As jira administrator you should be able to do this (go
> to the Project Role Browser).

What's the status of the CLAs?  I see I'm still the only one with any
access (aside from our Mentors)...  Is the list on jspwiki.org accurate?

By the way, whom do we need Software Grants from?

/Janne

Re: Assigning issues in JIRA?

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Janne,