Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2018/12/06 00:51:09 UTC

Re: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "December2018" by JeffFeng

Hi,

Thanks for submitting the report on time it does however raise a few other questions.

Regards the email list not supporting images, it easy enough to link to an image in email as a workaround and as you point out speaking to Infra may also help.

On communication I still don't see any discussion of the (many and frequent) releases on any of the channels mentioned. Where is this discussion happening?

>  As a next step, we will have an initial meeting with the Mentors, PPMC and Committers on Thursday, December 13th to figure out what it takes to address this issue and help get the project on track.

Rather than have a meeting why not just discuss this on the list? That way more people can be involved and it not restricted to a narrow time period where some people may not be able to make it and that would negate the risk that things discussed at it may be not be brought back to the list (as been happening with the bi-weekly meetings).

>  We were uncertain how to manage the LICENSE/COPYRIGHT files and how they relate to convenience releases

Good advice has been given on list how to handle this several times now. In short follow this guide [1]

> and we have struggled to understand how to proceed with the name search requirement.

The name search is usually the last thing a polling does before graduation, it is not a requirement for your first release.

> + * We currently only have 3 active PMCs (1 inactive).  We should strive to add more PMCs to the project.

Given there’s 13 initial PPMC members why does the roster only include 9 of them? Of those 9 why are only 3 active? I can see that more than 3 of them are posting to the mailing lists in the last couple of months. Is it that these people don’t realise that they are PPMC members or just not performing as a PPMC member?

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#binary