Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2016/12/24 10:23:26 UTC

Gradle plugin

> Our understanding is that we will build native gradle plugins that don’t rely on Ant tasks…

That would be my preference. Don't want to depend on Ant tasks. Support for those has been on the decline, and they have some user-facing API peculiarities that I don't want to see propagated to Gradle. So let's try to build native plugins, using Maven Mojos as API prototypes as I suggested earlier [1].

My understanding that "canonical" repo for Gradle plugins is this: https://plugins.gradle.org/ So that's where we publish them when we do our next official release.

>> So what is the expected out of this task? We found the following xml in the cayenne-tools project.

Let's ignore the Ant tasks for a moment.

>> 2.Will the Gradle native plugin be similar to the Ant classes that we see
>> under the cayennetools project?

We need matching Gradle plugins mirroring the API/configuration of the corresponding Maven plugins [1]. We do not need "cdataport", but we do need these 3:

* cgen [2]
* cdbimport [3]
* cdbgen [4]

>> 4.Is there a JIRA issue to track this task so that we can pick it up and work on it?

Good idea. I just created 3 Jiras - [2,3,4]

Andrus

[1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/tree/master/plugins/maven-cayenne-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/tools
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2180
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2181