Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Chad Loder <cl...@acm.org> on 2001/03/05 17:00:19 UTC

Parsing documents over socket stream

Hello. I've read the FAQ entry which describes how to
parse documents in a "socket-friendly" way, without
over-buffering or over-reading or closing the stream.
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/faq-write.html#faq-11

I am wondering if it's possible to do a similar thing
with the DOMParser, because I can't see an easy way
to create a DOM Document object using a SAXParser.

Does anyone have any advice on this (either how to
do something similar with a DOMParser or how to plug
a content handler into the SAXParser so I can get a
DOM document out of it) ?

Thanks,
	Chad