Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mirko Steiner <m....@gesotec.de> on 2005/05/20 09:25:27 UTC

spamassassin && fetchmail && qmail (RELAYCLIENT="")

Hi,

so first the general infos, which i should be sure to note:

Well... i run a qmail mailserver with qmailqueue-patch, vpopmail and
qmail-scanner which scans for viruses and even yet for spam with
spamassassin invoking through spamd. The thing is, for each mailaddress
i fetch the emails from a remote mailserver (excatly two ones, one for
.de and one for the .com accounts) via fetchmail and fetchmail delivers
the mails localy... howewer i think there is no need for more details
here -- the system - as it - works well (email deliverey works! *jippi*).

The version of spamassassin is ``spamassassin: 3.0.3´´ and i run a
FreeBSD 4.10-STABLE box.

Now the problem:
When fetchmail delivers the emails localy (127.0.0.1) to qmail (via
tcpserver) it sets a variable RELAYCLIENT so that qmail acts for
127.0.0.1 as an open relay. So... spamassassin doesn't run because this
variable is set and I want 127.0.0.1 for open relay but here are a log-line:

Fri, 20 May 2005 09:10:37 CEST:53653: spamassassin: don't scan as
RELAYCLIENT implies this was sent by a local user

I've read the manpages but i haven't find anything that disables the
check... so... HELP! :)

--
Mirko Steiner
Gesotec Soft- und Hardware GmbH

Re: spamassassin && fetchmail && qmail (RELAYCLIENT="")

Posted by Mirko Steiner <m....@gesotec.de>.
Alex Pleiner wrote:

> yepp. Your question might find better answers in the qmail-scanner
> mailing list.

wooops, sorry, i thought this is a configuration issue by SA... so i
havn't take a look arround by the other software websites...

thanks a lot!

--
Mirko Steiner
Gesotec Soft- und Hardware GmbH
Hilpertstr. 35
64295 Darmstadt
Tel: +49 (6151) 66 777 50
Fax: +49 (6151) 66 777 59
www.gesotec.com

Re: spamassassin && fetchmail && qmail (RELAYCLIENT="")

Posted by Alex Pleiner <pl...@zeitform.de>.
* Mirko Steiner <m....@gesotec.de> [2005-05-20 09:31]:

> Fri, 20 May 2005 09:10:37 CEST:53653: spamassassin: don't scan as
> RELAYCLIENT implies this was sent by a local user

Mirko,

yepp. Your question might find better answers in the qmail-scanner
mailing list.

In the FAQ [1] I find (Q18):
"If you explicitly want to scan some/all local SMTP clients email too,
then set QS_SPAMASSASSIN="on" within the tcpserver rules file."

[1] http://qmail-scanner.sourceforge.net/FAQ.php

So you might either set QS_SPAMASSASSIN="on" for all mail from 127.0.0.1
to enable SA for every local mail (this will work but might not be what
you want) or you find a way to set this within your fetchmail-to-qmail
invocation.

HTH, alex

--
Alex Pleiner                            zeitform Internet Dienste
mailto:pleiner@zeitform.de              Fraunhoferstraße 5