Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com> on 2015/08/17 14:58:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.1 RC1

Hi,

the first release candidate of Apache UIMA Ruta v2.3.1 is ready for voting.

This is a bugfix release which mainly fixes problems of the rule
inference and the new maven plugin.

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1071/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-2.3.1

Update site:
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.3.1-rc1/eclipse-update-site/ruta

Archive with all sources:
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/ruta-2.3.1-rc1/ruta-2.3.1-source-release.zip

Overall 32 issues have been fixed for this release (2 of them are marked
as duplicate/not a problem).
They can be found in the RELEASE_NOTES.html.

... and here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.3.1ruta%20AND%20component%20%3D%20ruta%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

Peter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.1 RC1

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
... gentle ping :-)

I know there was much reviewing lately, so no hurry...

Peter

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Thanks Marshall.

I fixed the id and I do not try to think for how long it was wrong...

Best,

Peter

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.1 RC1

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

the vote has passed with the following results:

3 (Binding) +1 Peter Klügl, Marshall Schor, Richard Eckart de Castilho
1 (Non-binding) +1: Renaud Richardet

No other votes received.

Thanks to all for voting.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Ok, then I'd +1 the release as well.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

Am 25.08.2015 um 11:41 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> Built from source (SVN tag) on Java 8 with clean repo: OK
>
> Compare source ZIP against SVN tag: OK
> - Btw, it seems that there are generated files in the SVN. What I did:
>   - check out SVN
>   - built it
>   - mvn clean
>   - compare with zip
>   - now I had many differences for MANIFEST.MF files
>   -> should these MANIFEST.MF files really be in Svn? - they look generated.

They are generated with felix, but they are not in svn. They are just
not removed by mvn clean since they are located in META-INF, not in
target. This causes the diff for the source release and the svn tag
(also for the plugin in the uimaj release rcs)

> Signature spot check: OK
>
> License spot check: OK
>
> Installing from update site into Eclipse Mars: technically OK
>   - Why does the update site show up as "file:/D:/work/ruta/..." in Eclipse?

Need to investigate who puts the absolute path somewhere, but I think
for the composite repo later, all shoud be fine.

> Potential problem: The license text displayed during install in Eclipse does not seem to aggregate over all the license texts of the individual LICENSE.txt files contained in the UIMA Ruta distribution.

I aggregated all when I prepared the first updatesite here at UIMA, but
Marshall taught me that these license texts displayed in Eclipse follow
a different strategy. The text for uimaj should be something similar.

Best,

Peter

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Renaud Richardet <re...@epfl.ch>.
I did run a very basic check:

rm -rf ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/uima
cd /tmp
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/ruta/tags/ruta-2.3.1
cd ruta-2.3.1/
mvn clean install

[X] +1 OK to release

-- Renaud

--
Renaud Richardet
Blue Brain Project  PhD candidate

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.3.1 RC1

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
we need only one more binding vote...