Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net> on 2003/09/13 17:48:39 UTC

Portal dependency on JDOM is overrated?

Couple of portal files:

cocoon-2.1\src\blocks\portal\java\org\apache\cocoon\portal\application\PortalApplicationConfig.java

cocoon-2.1\src\blocks\portal\java\org\apache\cocoon\portal\application\PortalApplicationConfigFactory.java
excplicitly mention JDOM in theirs Javadoc. But anywhere in code they
require JDOM, just good'ol w3c DOM. I presume that this is it a bug in
Javadoc which can easily be fixed?

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> Can we also remove JDOM completely? I didn't see any relation to the
> Cocoon project and could exclude it from build without any problems
> with compiling.

Sure. Let's clear up this above issue, and then I'll remove jdom too.

Vadim

Re: Portal dependency on JDOM is overrated?

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de> wrote:
> Carsten is in holidays for three weeks, but maybe one of the other S&N
> people knows (Matthew, Guido)?? Was it planned to replace W3C DOM with
> JDOM or the other way around?

I'm not familiar with the portal code and don't know of any planned
refactoring. I'd say if JDOM isn't used, remove it. I'll take Carsten's
rage ;-)

Guido

(Maybe one of the BASF people know more, Volker?)

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.