Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Aaron Crickenberger <aa...@intalgent.com> on 2008/09/09 18:16:14 UTC

Re: Dependency on jaxb-xjc not found

FWIW, I'm running into a similar issue.  Maven noob alert.  I'm trying to
get camel to build with a stock install of Nexus, since all the IONA folks
have been going nuts over it :)  Problem is, I can't get Nexus to find
com.sun.xml.bind:jaxb-impl-2.1.6 in even the JBoss repo you mention.  It
also shows up in a legacy repo at http://download.java.net/maven/1/

Any maven/nexus veteran want to point me in the right direction?

- aaron

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
If you want to get this working with Nexus, you will have to set up two
repositories.  One is a proxy of the java.net maven 1 repo which is the only
repo that seems to be fully populated.  Next you have to set up a virtual
repo that points to the proxy.  This virtual repo will map the maven 2 repo
format requests from your maven build to the m1 repo.  If you are new to
Maven this sounds like a nightmare but the java.net repo is the only place I
have encountered this.

BTW, if you use Nexus you will get used to setting up new repositories.
When you have a missing artifact, look in the pom.xml for any external
repositories ( in the <repositories> sections ) and add them to your Nexus
if they are missing.  Also make sure that you add the repository to a group
in Nexus or else it won't be used.

Chris

--
Chris Custine

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
BTW I posted my working nexus config + settings.xml here
http://janstey.blogspot.com/2008/09/nexus-config-for-apache-camel.html

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Dependency on jaxb-xjc not found

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Jon

http://janstey.blogspot.com/

Re: Dependency on jaxb-xjc not found

Posted by Aaron Crickenberger <aa...@intalgent.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
FWIW I've disabled using nexus as it keeps failing to find stuff -
I've not had time to investigate how to get it to work

-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com