Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Phuu Tek <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/02 10:44:42 UTC

[Trinidad] Possible to skip certain stops in a train model?

Hi,

I am looking at implementing my own custom Train Model using my custom
ProcessMenuModel

public ProcessMenuModel getTrainModel() {

}

However, I have a specific use case wherein I should be able to skip
certain stops in my train.
Say for example, I have seven stops then on Step 2, I choose something from
that page.
Is it possible to disable Steps 3 and 4 programatically so that user wont
be able to navigate to that page?
Step 5, 6 and 7 should still be available.

Thanks

Re: [Trinidad] Possible to skip certain stops in a train model?

Posted by Phuu Tek <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pavitra,

Thanks for replying.  I just would like to learn more on how I could
implement my use case if you may.

value="#{processTrainMenuModel}">
            <f:facet name="nodeStamp">
action="#{foo.getOutcome}"

immediate="#{processTrainMenuModel.immediate}"

disabled="#{processTrainMenuModel.readOnly}"

visited="#{processTrainMenuModel.visited}"/>
            </f:facet>

I have look at the Demo app of the Apache Trinidad component guide and I
notice those code above.
The disabled property of the commandNavigationItem points to the readOnly
method of the underlying ProcessMenuModel.

My question are these:
1.  How  will I get a handle to the currently active navigation item?
2.  My question 2 is related to question 1, after getting a handle to the
current navigation item, how can I override the ProcessMenuModel
     so that I could disable the other navigation item so that I could
prevent the user from navigating thru them.

I have attached also a sample pseudocode of what I want to accomplish.
Please see my attached file.

Kindly advise if my question is unclear and I'll be glad to supply more
info.
I tried posting with forums but I had no luck so I just tried the mailing
list. [?]

Thanks for sharing your time as it is higly regarded.

Regards,
Phuu

Posted by Pavitra Subramaniam <pa...@oracle.com>.
Hello Phuu,