Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Vinay Kakade <vi...@veritas.com> on 2002/06/18 14:22:03 UTC

Problem with XMLString::transcode()

Hi,

I am facing a problem with XMLString :: transcode() for Xerces C++
parser on windows. I get an assertion after deleting the string returned
by XMLString :: transcode(). This problem is mentioned in the FAQ, but I
could not figure out the answer.

The answer in FAQ says that: "Both your application program and the
Xerces DLL must use the same *DLL* version of the runtime library. If
either statically links to the runtime library, the problem will still occur.
For example, for a Win32/VC6 build, the runtime library build setting
MUST be "Multithreaded DLL" for release builds and "Debug
Multithreaded DLL" for debug builds".

I am compiling my application using command line and I am
using command line switch /MTd to link my application with
debug multithreaded DLL. To prepare my executable, I link my
objects and the xerces-c_1D.lib and a few other libraries.

Can somebody tell me what is going wrong?

Please reply
-Vinay Kakade.

Re: Problem with XMLString::transcode()

Posted by Joachim Achtzehnter <jo...@netacquire.com>.
Vinay Kakade wrote,

> I am compiling my application using command line and I am
> using command line switch /MTd to link my application with
> debug multithreaded DLL.

This links in the runtime statically and does not use the DLL runtime.
You should use /MDd instead.

Joachim

--
work:     joachima@netacquire.com   (http://www.netacquire.com)