Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/02 07:52:57 UTC

Re: JDK version certified with the latest release of tomee-1.0.0

On May 31, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Fernando Lozano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> TomEE won't work with JDK7 means "wan't suficiently tested, use at your own risk"

That one.  OpenJPA is known not to build with Java 7, but I'm not sure how it runs.  There are some OpenJPA features we don't use such as its ability to create and managed DataSource -- TomEE does that part.

> JDK6 has EOL at November this year, and Fedora Linux 17 already ships without JDK6, only with JDK7.
>
> Maybe you plan a TomEE 1.x relase soon that works fine with JDK7?

I spent a good chunk of the day updating our TCK setup in EC2 to be able to test with either Java 6 or 7 and now have a healthy looking run going.  We'll see how it turns out!

Looking good so far.

-David

Re: JDK version certified with the latest release of tomee-1.0.0

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 4, 2012, at 6:11 AM, Fernando Lozano wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
>> Good news!  This build got a 100% pass on jdk1.7.0_04 linux 32bit.
>>

> jdk1.4.0_04 means Oracle JDK, right?

Correct.

> I wonder, are you required to run the TCK using Oracle JDK or could you as well run the JavaEE TCK using OpenJDK7 or IcedTea2?

We could use any JDK, though probably only a certified JDK would technically count towards certification.

If you want to make an EC2 AMI with both of those setup and a bash script I can source to make each of them active ('source openjdk7' 'source icetea2'), I can build a TCK ready image from that AMI and we can add them to the testing setup.

-David

Re: JDK version certified with the latest release of tomee-1.0.0

Posted by Fernando Lozano <fe...@lozano.eti.br>.
David,

Thanks for the feedback.

> Good news!  This build got a 100% pass on jdk1.7.0_04 linux 32bit.
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/apache-tomee/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/apache-tomee-1.1.0-20120602.040901-9-webprofile.tar.gz
>
> I haven't yet tested the released 1.0, but I'd say things are very good :)
>
> I'll hookup the 1.0.1-SNAPSHOT codebase tomorrow.
>

> -David

jdk1.4.0_04 means Oracle JDK, right? I wonder, are you required to run
the TCK using Oracle JDK or could you as well run the JavaEE TCK using
OpenJDK7 or IcedTea2?

[]s, Fernando Lozano

Re: JDK version certified with the latest release of tomee-1.0.0

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.