Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by keyur sheth <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/22 17:56:31 UTC

converting tomcat container from http to https

Hi everybody,

                   Previously I had sent mail regarding this topic. The problem is after making necessary changes I am not able to start tomcat with https. Some message I sent previously is as follows:-

  First of all I created the keystore by reading the documentation and also made necessary changes to $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml by uncommenting the SSL Connector HTTP tag and added new parameter keystorePass, keystoreFile for including the location of the file .keystore. And then restarted the tomcat. But when I give my URL https://coit-grid04.uncc.edu:8443/gridsphere  or > https://coit-grid04.uncc.edu:8443/ it still doesn't open the page and gives the error as page cannot be displayed.

          I am also attaching the changes I made in server.xml file for non-SSL connector tag and SSL connector tag.

           NON-SSL

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" emptySessionPath="true"/>

          SSL

               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" keystorePass="changeit"
               keystoreType="PKCS12" keystoreFile="/home/tomcat/.keystore" />

  And I am also attaching the log file created in the tomcat directory named catalina.out

  May 19, 2006 12:25:38 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:297)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol.init(Http11BaseProtocol.java:137)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1016)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:580)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:762)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:488)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:508)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:247)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:412)

Sneak preview the  all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just radically better.

Re: converting tomcat container from http to https

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
make sure all your old tomcat processes are stopped,