Posted to user@madlib.apache.org by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io> on 2016/07/07 23:52:32 UTC

Proposal for MADlib 1.9.1 release content and timeline

MADlib community,

Looking forward to the MADlib 1.9.1 release, I would propose to the
community that we aim for a mid-summer release, with the following 1.9.1
JIRAs:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20MADLIB%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20v1.9.1%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC

This would the 3rd ASF release under ASF.

In terms of features, here are the main ones in flight that look like they
can be included:

SVM 1-class for novelty detection
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-990

pivoting
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1004

sessionization
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-909
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-1001

prediction metrics
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-907

path functions phase 2
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-977

By all means if anyone would like to pick up other JIRAs and add them to
the mix, you are most welcome.

As always, open to comments and suggestions.

Frank

Re: Proposal for MADlib 1.9.1 release content and timeline

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.
> On 7/19/16 10:43 AM, Frank McQuillan wrote:
>>
>> I see that 9.6 is still in beta, not sure when GA release is planned.
>

> Official answer: "When it's ready."
>
> Beta 3 is set to roll next week. My guess is that the final release will be
> in September.
>
> More importantly, I highly doubt any changes between now and release would
> affect MADlib.

I think so too.
At least, we can add the 9.6 support while the upcoming RC (release
candidate) phase of 9.6.

Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>

Re: Proposal for MADlib 1.9.1 release content and timeline

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.

Posted by Jim Nasby <Ji...@BlueTreble.com>.
On 7/19/16 10:43 AM, Frank McQuillan wrote:
> I see that 9.6 is still in beta, not sure when GA release is planned.

Official answer: "When it's ready."

Beta 3 is set to roll next week. My guess is that the final release will
be in September.

More importantly, I highly doubt any changes between now and release
would affect MADlib.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461

Re: Proposal for MADlib 1.9.1 release content and timeline

Posted by Jim Nasby <Ji...@BlueTreble.com>.

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.
> Satoshi,
>
> Thank you for the pull request.
>
> There is an open JIRA for 1.9.1 release to support 9.5
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-944
> so I am glad that you worked on it.

Thanks. I will put some comment on the JIRA.

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Satoshi,

Thank you for the pull request.

There is an open JIRA for 1.9.1 release to support 9.5
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-944
so I am glad that you worked on it.

We will take a look and respond in the pull request.

Posted by Frank McQuillan <fm...@pivotal.io>.
Satoshi,

Posted by Satoshi Nagayasu <sn...@uptime.jp>.
Hi Frank,