Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/11/07 20:18:39 UTC

Re: Why Jboss server is stopped due to SOLR

: I am trying to connect the SOLR with Java code using URLConnection, i have
: deployed solr war file in jboss server(assuming server machine in some other
: location or remote) its working fine if no exception raises... but if any
: exception raises in server like connection failure its stopping the jboss
: client(assuming client machine) where my Java code resides.
:
:
: 11:49:38,345 INFO  [STDOUT] [2011-10-27 11:49:38.345] class =
: com.dstsystems.adc.efs.rs.util.SimplePost,method = fatal(),level = SEVERE:
: ,message = Connection error (is Solr running at
: http://xx.yy.zzz:8080/solr/update ?): java.net.ConnectException: Connection
: refused: connect

By the looks of that exception, I'm guessing that "SimplePost" class is
your own renamed/repackaged version of the "SimplePostTool" class from
Solr, which has a "fatal" method thta calls System.exit -- because
SimplePostTool is a simple little command line tool for posting files.
it is not remotely intended/suggested for embedding in other java
applications.

if you have a java app that you'd like to use to talk to Solr, you should
use SolrJ.

: 11:49:38,361 INFO  [Server] Runtime shutdown hook called, forceHalt: true
: 11:49:38,376 INFO  [Server] JBoss SHUTDOWN: Undeploying all packages
: 11:49:48,018 INFO  [TransactionManagerService] Stopping recovery manager
: 11:49:48,128 INFO  [Server] Shutdown complete
: Shutdown complete..
:
: --
: Sent from the Solr - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
:

-Hoss