Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Srinims <sr...@aztec.soft.net> on 2006/08/03 06:56:06 UTC

Jmeter enhancements pls

Hi  SEbb ,

is there a plan to integrate Jmeter with "Perfmon" so that we could monitor
lots of other stuff in addition to the metrics like "Avg .Response time
","Throughput" ,etc
For e.g if we need to test .net apps we would like to collect metrics like
ASP.net counters , .Net CLR Data using Perfmon .
Would it be possible to integrate the 2 so that the user can choose the
counters to monitor in the Jmeter UI itself ?

Pls clarify

Srinims
Sent from the JMeter - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Jmeter enhancements pls

Posted by Srinims <sr...@aztec.soft.net>.
OOps sorry about that sebb .will do that :)

Re: Jmeter enhancements pls

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Please start a new thread when asking a new question.

But please check the archives first - there has been some discussion
on handling AJAX in JMeter.

S.

Re: Jmeter enhancements pls

Re: Jmeter enhancements pls

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
I don't have time to explain the details right now.

google is your friend

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=monitor+IIS&btnG=Google+Search

peter

Re: Jmeter enhancements pls

Re: Jmeter enhancements pls

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
hard to say. Unless .NET 2.0 comes with new DLL's that fix the active thread
count always returning 1.  it really depends on what the .NET application is
doing. If it's CPU intensive, then you can try getting a running 5 second
and 5 minute average.

to view the stats in semi-realtime, you're going to have to write your own
plugin to read those values from IIS.

Re: Jmeter enhancements pls

Posted by Srinims <sr...@aztec.soft.net>.
Thanks for that info peter.

Re: Jmeter enhancements pls

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
if you're referring to window performance monitor, the answer to that is no.
there are no plans to integrate any windows native stuff, because it's not
cross platform. Windows performance monitor stuff for IIS aren't all that
useful from first hand experience. About the only thing useful in
performance monitor is memory usage.

things like active thread count and total threads in windows performance
monitor are not accurate or useful. I tried to that a few years back and
gave up since windows performance monitor is rather useless for measuring
IIS performance beyond memory usage.

my bias 2 cents