Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Alexandre Vermeerbergen <av...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/16 14:34:29 UTC

Successful attempt to run Storm & topologies using Java 11 EA build: 25 (2018/8/2)

Hello,

I just wanted to share my happiness at finding out that I successfully
ran a small cluster with Storm (including Storm UI), Supervisors,
workers and my many topologies with Java 11 Early Access (Oracle JDK
build: 25 (2018/8/2)) on Linux   CentOS 7 VMs without any trouble so
far.

This test is based on Storm 1.2.2, and I used Storm Kafka Client with
Kafka 0.10.2.0 libraries.

Disclaimer: I only checked my topologies based on Kafka spouts &
bolts. I'll check later the ones based on Storm-HDFS. I had to change
couple of JVM options related to GC logging, but that was our own
customization of storm.yaml, nothing coming from Storm distribution.

Thanks to all Storm developers for making this test with Java 11 such
a smooth experience!

Alexandre Vermeerbergen

Re: Successful attempt to run Storm & topologies using Java 11 EA build: 25 (2018/8/2)

Posted by Stig Rohde Døssing <sr...@apache.org>.
Happy to hear it :) If you run into trouble, we're tracking
incompatibilities here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2798.
You might hit issues with HDFS, I don't think Hadoop supports Java 9+ yet
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-11123.