Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Marina Moreno <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2004/12/21 17:58:40 UTC

Detached Signatures

Hello all!!!

        I need to generate a detached signature for my application. As the
only basis about this kind of signatures is the "CreateSiganture" example
and no other example has been found, I decided to implement my own code
(very similar to what you can find in the examples) to obtain a detached
signature. Among other things, my code contain the following extract:

        [...]
        Element node1 =
doc.createElementNS("http://www.apache.org/ns/#app1","node1");
        String nodeId = "d1";
        node1.setAttribute("Id",nodeId);
        IdResolver.registerElementById(node1,nodeId);
        node1.appendChild(doc.createTextNode("I am the signed
information"));
        root.appendChild(node1);

      XMLSignature sig = new XMLSignature(doc, BaseURI,

XMLSignature.ALGO_ID_SIGNATURE_DSA);
        root.appendChild(sig.getElement());
        sig.getSignedInfo().addResourceResolver(new
org.apache.xml.security.samples.utils.resolver
              .OfflineResolver());

       Transforms transforms = new Transforms(doc);
      transforms.addTransform(Transforms.TRANSFORM_C14N_WITH_COMMENTS);
      sig.addDocument("#"+nodeId, transforms,
Constants.ALGO_ID_DIGEST_SHA1);

       [...]

I run it and everything is ok (apparently, It seems to sign successfully).
But, when I try to verify the signature (using "VerifySignature" example), I
get a warning message, although the verification is OK:

ADVERTENCIA: Found an Element using an insecure Id/ID/id search method:
node1
21-dic-2004 14:48:44 org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference verify
INFO: Verification successful for URI "#d1"

Does anybody know what the problem is??? Have I to specify some kind of
IDResolver in the verification code???? Can someone send me a detached
signature example which works ok???

I hope you are so kind as to help me.
Thank you very much in advance.
Marina.

Móviles, DVD, cámaras digitales, coleccionismo... Con unas ofertas que ni te
imaginas. http://www.msn.es/Subastas/