Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Vidhya Murali <vi...@cs.wisc.edu> on 2009/06/03 21:06:27 UTC

Need help in Qpid C++ setup

Hi,
This is vidhya.I am student at University of Wisconsin Madison.I was
setting up qpid c++ broker for my project.I downloaded the package from
http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.5/qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz and followed the
instructions as  given at http://qpid.apache.org/rasc.html
Now and when i try to run the examples,specifically the request response
example i get the following error
  (116)$ ./server
2009-jun-02 18:51:46 warning Closing connection due to internal-error:
Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS
failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Server not found in
Kerberos database) (qpid/client/SaslFactory.cpp:226)
internal-error: Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
(Server not found in Kerberos database) (qpid/client/SaslFactory.cpp:226)

Also when i tried the make check,it said
4 of 14 tests failed
Please report to dev@qpid.apache.org

Kindly let me know as to what could be the problem and if i am missing
anything in the setup.
Thanks
vidhya

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Need help in Qpid C++ setup

Posted by Matthew Farrellee <ma...@redhat.com>.
Vidhya Murali wrote:
> Hi,
> This is vidhya.I am student at University of Wisconsin Madison.I was
> setting up qpid c++ broker for my project.I downloaded the package from
> http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.5/qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz and followed the
> instructions as  given at http://qpid.apache.org/rasc.html
> Now and when i try to run the examples,specifically the request response
> example i get the following error
>  (116)$ ./server
> 2009-jun-02 18:51:46 warning Closing connection due to internal-error:
> Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS
> failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Server not found in
> Kerberos database) (qpid/client/SaslFactory.cpp:226)
> internal-error: Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
> Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
> (Server not found in Kerberos database) (qpid/client/SaslFactory.cpp:226)
>
> Also when i tried the make check,it said
> 4 of 14 tests failed
> Please report to dev@qpid.apache.org
>
> Kindly let me know as to what could be the problem and if i am missing
> anything in the setup.
> Thanks
> vidhya

Vidhya,

Sounds like authentication is being attempted. For your initial work
it's likely that you do not care much about authentication.

Try starting your broker with "--auth no" to disable it.

Best,

matt

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Need help in Qpid C++ setup

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Vidhya Murali wrote:
> Hi,
> This is vidhya.I am student at University of Wisconsin Madison.I was
> setting up qpid c++ broker for my project.I downloaded the package from
> http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/0.5/qpid-cpp-0.5.tar.gz and followed the
> instructions as  given at http://qpid.apache.org/rasc.html
> Now and when i try to run the examples,specifically the request response
> example i get the following error
>  (116)$ ./server
> 2009-jun-02 18:51:46 warning Closing connection due to internal-error:
> Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS
> failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Server not found in
> Kerberos database) (qpid/client/SaslFactory.cpp:226)

This is because you have the cyrus-sasl gssapi plugin installed and have
not configured your system for gssapi. Specifically your configured KDC
does not have a keytab for the qpidd service on the host in use.

As Matt suggests you can turn off authentication using the --auth option.

You can also restrict the list of mechanisms offered by the broker by
adding a 'mech_list' entry to your cyrus configuration file for qpidd
(the location of that file is platfrom dependent but on rhel5 for
example it is /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf, and e.g. adding
'mech_list=ANONYMOUS PLAIN' will restrict it to only offer those two
mechanisms).

Another option is to have the client choose the mechanism it wants to
use when opening a connection (unfortunately this would require you to
edit the examples).

Finally, if you really want to use gssapi, you can set that up (but its
quite involved).

> internal-error: Sasl error: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error:
> Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information
> (Server not found in Kerberos database) (qpid/client/SaslFactory.cpp:226)
>
> Also when i tried the make check,it said
> 4 of 14 tests failed
> Please report to dev@qpid.apache.org

What tests failed and what were the errors reported?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org