Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Adam X <vb...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/01 08:48:16 UTC

JDK => log4j logging / OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin

Hi,

I'm having problem configuring Eclipse OpenEJB plugin to use log4j logging
rather than JDK logging OpenEJB ships with. I was able to configure stand
alone OpenEJB to use log4j by adding the following to openejb startup
script:

-Dopenejb.log.factory=log4j"
"-Dlog4j.configuration=$OPENEJB_HOME/conf/log4j.properties

and making the following JAR changes in the lib directory:

-- removed --
slf4j-api-1.7.7.jar
slf4j-jdk14-1.7.7.jar

-- replaced with --
slf4j-api-1.6.1.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.6.1.jar
log4j-1.2.16.jar

Furthermore, in Eclipse server configuration, when I edit launch
configuration for my EAR and add -Dopenejb.log.factory and
-Dlog4j.configuration it does use log4j logging, however, that
configuration is instantly overriden by original plugin setup and on
subsequent invocations my changes are gone and therefore reverting back to
JDK logging.

I am certain log4j / OpenEJB is a common configuration and I am missing
something. Could anybody help to point me out what I may be missing?

Thanks
Adam

Re: JDK => log4j logging / OpenEJB Eclipse Plugin

Posted by Adam X <vb...@gmail.com>.
That was a valuable hint, Romain! Indeed, I got it to work. In
system.properties I commented out:

#java.util.logging.manager = java.util.logging.LogManager

and added:

openejb.log.factory=log4j

with all above changes from original post. And now, when I run my ear with
OpenEJB server by clicking "Run" in the Server view, I get log4j logging!

Thanks

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi