Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Francesco Abeni <f....@gibilogic.com> on 2008/02/07 13:07:04 UTC

Rules statistics and custom values

Good morning everyone.

I'm using succesfully SpamAssassin to filter spam. It is already good,
but there are still false positives. I checked their Spam Level one by
one and get a maximum of 6.7. So i increased "required hits" from 5.0 to
7.0, to eliminate false positives, but of course this means that more
spam is not identified.

What i'd like to do is compare ham and spam messages with similar Spam
Level, to check which rules are applied in one case or the other, to
adjust manually the values of these rules in case there is an evident
pattern.

My question is, does anyone know of a tool that can give me this "rules
usage" on a folder of messages?

--
Francesco Abeni
f.abeni@gibilogic.com

Re: Rules statistics and custom values

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Francesco Abeni wrote:
> Good morning everyone.
>
> I'm using succesfully SpamAssassin to filter spam. It is already good,
> but there are still false positives. I checked their Spam Level one by
> one and get a maximum of 6.7. So i increased "required hits" from 5.0
> to 7.0, to eliminate false positives, but of course this means that
> more spam is not identified.
>
> What i'd like to do is compare ham and spam messages with similar Spam
> Level, to check which rules are applied in one case or the other, to
> adjust manually the values of these rules in case there is an evident
> pattern.
>
> My question is, does anyone know of a tool that can give me this
> "rules usage" on a folder of messages?
Mass-check does this. It, combined with the hit-frequencies tool is how
the STATISTICS-set*.txt files are generated (see them in the rules
subdir of the tarball)

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/MassCheck