Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Pavel Kusch <pa...@icecentric.com> on 2003/05/14 17:14:33 UTC

Storage/Linking files

Hello,

I am completely new to Slide. Please could you tell me if Slide would be a
good fit in this case:

The application will allow users upload files such as Word, Excel, PDF
documents, images etc. The files will be available from links in web pages.
Upload will be handled thru Turbine. What I need is a good solution where to
store these files and easy way to link them on web pages. It may happen that
there will be 2 different documents with the same name.

Thank you.

With regards,

Pavel Kusch
iceCentric
309.685.7900
309.264.2674

Re: Storage/Linking files

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
"Pavel Kusch" <pa...@icecentric.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am completely new to Slide. Please could you tell me if Slide would be a
> good fit in this case:
>
> The application will allow users upload files such as Word, Excel, PDF
> documents, images etc. The files will be available from links in web pages.
> Upload will be handled thru Turbine. What I need is a good solution where to
> store these files and easy way to link them on web pages. It may happen that
> there will be 2 different documents with the same name.

Unless you need finegrained access control or webdav, why do you need slide?
Put your documents to the file system using turbine and serve it through
a DefaultServlet.

Martin