Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Dave Townsend <da...@bigfoot.com> on 2001/05/15 20:03:49 UTC

Problem with ftp task

I am experiencing a strange problem with the ftp task. Perhaps someone can
offer some guidance. I have the following task:

	<target name="download">
		<ftp server="-----" userid="-----" password="-----" action="get"
binary="no" passive="yes" verbose="yes">
			<fileset dir="${user.home}">
				<include name="**/*"/>
			</fileset>
		</ftp>
	</target>

The plan is to download everything from a directory and all its sub
directories to my local machine. What it actually does is downloads
everything in the base directory of the server, and everything in one of the
remote directories. All other directories are ignored, as are directories
within the one directory it does download from. All the directories and
files etc have the same file permissions.

Anybody have any thoughts why this is.

Dave Townsend <da...@bigfoot.com>

"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds
the universe together."

RE: Problem with ftp task

Posted by Paul Dillon <pa...@solnet.com.au>.
I've had the same experience - the FTP task is broken with respect to
subdirectories (it's also pretty buggy in its handling of the .
directory).

Anuj Agrawal has posted a patch to the ant-dev list you might like to
try.

- Paul