Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/05 07:20:06 UTC

Re: Externalised checkpoint keeps ValueState after a crash of a Flink cluster

hi, Min

Complete Checkpoint contains the snapshot of all states, and when recovery from checkpoint, all the states will be recovered from checkpoint, from what you described, I guess when the job manager gets killed, there is an onging but not completed checkpoint. Maybe the doc[1] can be helpful.

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.7/internals/stream_checkpointing.html

Best, Congxian