Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Justin Lee <ju...@mongodb.com> on 2014/07/18 13:34:15 UTC

sqoop2 submission problems.

I'm submitting a job programmatically as detailed here (
http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.3/ClientAPI.html) and getting an error:

Exception info : java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://
127.0.0.1:8020/Users/jlee/hadoop-binaries/sqoop-1.99.3-bin-hadoop200/server/webapps/sqoop/WEB-INF/lib/sqoop-common-1.99.3.jar

I've seen some jobs (hive, iirc) fail and I've had to copy jars on to hdfs
to resolve it but I'm not sure why I'd need to do this with sqoop jars.  If
this is necessary for sqoop2 to function, then sqoop2 should take care of
this step.  Am I missing some step not mentioned on that page?

*{ *name     : *"**Justin Lee**", *
  title    : *"*Software Engineer*"*,
  twitter  : *"*@evanchooly <http://twitter.com/evanchooly>*"*,
  web      : *[* "10gen.com", *"*antwerkz.com*"* *]*,
  location : *"*New York, NY*"* *}*

Re: sqoop2 submission problems.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
I would recommend to check configuration files that you have correct configs and libraries. This exception is very common when configs does not correspond to the libraries that are used.

Did you followed up the installation docs at:

http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.99.3/Installation.html

Jarcec

Posted by Justin Lee <ju...@mongodb.com>.
It's a stock sqoop 1.99.3 and hadoop 2.4 download.

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Lee <ju...@mongodb.com>.
2.4

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.