Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Giovanni <pi...@yahoo.com> on 2010/01/29 17:04:22 UTC

Apache Click

Apache Click is very similar to Wicket:

http://incubator.apache.org/click/

What are the main differences and advantages?

regards
giovanni

Re: Apache Click

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
I looked at click. Its not just HTML and just java like wicket. Lack of
documentation and books and less widgets.

Re: Apache Click

Posted by Adrian Wiesmann <aw...@somap.org>.
> An advantage could be that cayenne is supported as a default persistent
> solution.

There is not much magic in using Cayenne with Wicket. It depends on your
needs, but basically this is all you need:

public class DataObjectModel implements IModel<CayenneDataObject>

Cheers,
Adrian

Re: better look & modern css for wicket

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
go for it. anyone can organize it. we would be happy to accept a patch
against wicket-examples.

-igor

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Rass <ar...@itbsllc.com>.
I suspect they don't do it b/c ... it's a job for a designer!
I think it's pretty damn good already. And there are already 3 looks for
some component (look at the CSS file).

And while it wouldn't bring more people to wicket (that's not why ppl "go
wicket", that's silly), it would make for more support costs when the guys
change components or add new ones (having to update ALL those looks and
feels).

It's just a CSS file. (thank god!)

If you think it will help you and others: Just create a project and start
dumping your super-duper-pretty CSS files inthere along with a test page
which displays the basic 10+ components wicket supports out of the box and
show off how they look. There are a BUNCH of nice CSS development sites
where you have a dropdown which switches between CSS files for same content.
Do something like that.

- Alex

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Click