Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Khalid Waheed <kh...@eim.ae> on 2004/10/11 09:35:31 UTC

spamd process

Is there any option to set min and max child process of spamd?

Is spamd-child process is multi threaded, or it handles single message
at a time?? how spamd-parent process allocate
message to its child, I mean scheduling?

Kh

Re: spamd process

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 11:35:31AM +0400, Khalid Waheed wrote:
> Is there any option to set min and max child process of spamd?

It's in the spamd man page: "-m #" sets the max # of child processes

> Is spamd-child process is multi threaded, or it handles single message
> at a time??

spamd is process based, so each process gets a message.

> how spamd-parent process allocate
> message to its child, I mean scheduling?

I'm not sure what you're asking here.  The child receives the connection
from the client, reads in the mail, processes it, then returns the result
before closing the connection.  Pretty standard.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"The greatest of all faults is to be conscious of none." - Thomas Carlyle