Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Don Elliott <bi...@bigpond.com> on 2001/03/05 08:06:11 UTC

VA Java and Struts without Tomcat / WebSphere

Hi Struts Users,

Has anyone been able to install and use Struts within the cut-down servlet engine shipped with VA Java ?  ie. without installing Tomcat or Websphere ?  Does this work ?

I understand the servlet engine shipped with VA Java is a cut-down version of Websphere, and looking at all the feedback on getting Websphere working I'm wondering if it is worth my while attempting to do this.

Regards,
Don Elliott

Re: VA Java and Struts without Tomcat / WebSphere

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@j-com.nl>.
It doesn't work on the Websphere test environment in VAJ yet.
Because the websphere inside VAJ doesn't support JSP1.1 yet (only the real websphere does that)
you must wait for Fixpack3 that will get the test environment to the same level of Websphere 3.5.3

johan