Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jayaram Ponnusamy <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/04 06:34:21 UTC

Help on catalina.out file which is reached more than 8 GB

Dear All,

I am new to Tomcat, and in our production environment, the catalina.out
reached more than 8GB, and we are removing it manually. So,Kindly please
help me to set maximum size will be 25MB and keep 7days Logs only.

We are using Tomcat 7.0.42.0 in Rhel 6

Thanks
Jayaram

Re: Help on catalina.out file which is reached more than 8 GB

Posted by Madhur Ahuja <ah...@gmail.com>.
Why not use logrotate

https://dzone.com/articles/how-rotate-tomcat-catalinaout