Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/16 23:05:42 UTC

Tx manager component versions

I'm thinking of porting the work to deal with retrying stuff that
didnt work (GERONIMO-5152) in the tx manager component from trunk back
to the 2.1 branch.  However, this changes the interaction between the
connection management and the tx manager quite a bit -- the tx manager
can now request an XAResource from the connection management rather
than just getting handed one when a pool starts up.

So, I'm wondering what appropriate versions would be.  I think that
continuing 2.1.x is inappropriate for this size change.  I think this
would be an osgi major version bump.  So at least it should go to
2.2... and trunk to 3.0

Another possibility would be 2.1 >> 3.0 and trunk >> 4.0 which is more
consistent with osgi versions.

thoughts?

thanks
david jencks