Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/13 08:57:24 UTC

[SURVEY] Which external modules (connector) do you use actively?

Hi users,

We're making some efforts to Storm SQL to help Storm community easier to
build topology and run.
Many features for Storm SQL are addressed or in progress. Along with
efforts for the improvements, we also would like to expand support of data
sources. (For now Storm SQL only supports Kafka.)

In order to rank the priority to support, I'd like to see which external
modules (connector) the user community are actively using.

You can also enumerate not-released-yet modules: Druid, Kinesis, OpenTSDB
as they're also candidates.

Thanks in advance!
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

ps. If you're interested to see the progress of Storm SQL, you can have a
look at epic issues below. Contributions would be more appreciated!

- Storm SQL Phase II <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1433>
- Storm SQL Phase III
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2075> (Adding
data sources is placed here.)

Re: [SURVEY] Which external modules (connector) do you use actively?

Posted by Joaquin Menchaca <jm...@gobalto.com>.
I did not know about Storm SQL.  We use NodeJS for spouts that pull from
PostgreSQL.  We pull from Rails ActiveRecord database and transform it
through Storm to a Star Schema created by Sequelize.

--

是故勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。

Re: [SURVEY] Which external modules (connector) do you use actively?

Posted by Alberto São Marcos <al...@gmail.com>.
Storm JMS

Posted by Kevin Conaway <ke...@gmail.com>.