Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/06/01 13:38:26 UTC

[DRAFT] Unomi Board report for June 2021

Hi all,

I have prepared the board report for June 2021. Please let me know if I did
any mistakes :)

Regards,
  Serge...

The mission of Apache Unomi is the creation and maintenance of software
related
to providing a reference implementation of the OASIS Customer Data Platform
specification currently being worked on by the OASIS Context Server
Technical
Committee

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Unomi was founded 2019-02-20 (2 years ago)
There are currently 14 committers and 7 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Taybou was added to the PMC on 2021-03-19
- No new committers. Last addition was Anatol Sialitski on 2021-01-29.

## Project Activity:
Multiple minor versions were released to fix security issues. A focus was
made
on insuring input validation to protect the software against future attack
vectors. The release process is now a lot smoother and make it easier to
quickly release minor versions. Apart from that work in two larger versions
(2.0 and 1.6) is ongoing, one focusing on the new GraphQL API and the other
on
data model improvements to improve the reporting capabilities of the system.
Some performance improvements are also planned.

## Community Health:
The community is quite healthy, with as always a preference for Slack usage.
There are over 138 members in the ASF Unomi slack channel and a steady flow
of
discussions. Github pull requests are also much more frequent now, and they
are also being processed regularly, making it into the new releases. It
seems
that their is growing interest for Customer Data Platform technology, and
Unomi is growing as an open source provider of such systems.
- dev@unomi.apache.org had a 46% increase in traffic in the past quarter
(629
  emails compared to 430)
- users@unomi.apache.org had a big increase in traffic in the past quarter
(11
  emails compared to 0)
- 48 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (37% increase)
- 52 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (333% increase)
- 121 commits in the past quarter (1% increase)
- 11 code contributors in the past quarter (no change)
- 52 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (36% increase)
- 48 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (29% increase)

Re: [DRAFT] Unomi Board report for June 2021

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Thanks a lot guys !
Serge Huber
CTO & Co-Founder
T +41 22 361 3424
9 route des Jeunes | 1227 Acacias | Switzerland
jahia.com <http://www.jahia.com/>
SKYPE | LINKEDIN <https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergehuber> | TWITTER
<https://twitter.com/sergehuber> | VCARD
<http://www.jahia.com/vcard/HuberSerge.vcf>

> JOIN OUR COMMUNITY <http://www.jahia.com/> to evaluate, get trained and
to discover why Jahia is a leading User Experience Platform (UXP) for
Digital Transformation.

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Sounds good,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.