Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kevin Pauli <ke...@thepaulis.com> on 2015/12/03 21:41:06 UTC

How to list the regions in an HBase table through the shell?

I would like to get the same information about the regions of a table that
appear in the web UI (i.e. region name, region server, start/end key,
locality), but through the hbase shell.

(The UI is flaky/slow, and furthermore I want to process this information as
part of a script.)

After much googling, I can't find out how, and this surprises me immensely.
version is 1.0.0.-cdh5.4.0

Re: How to list the regions in an HBase table through the shell?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Romil logged HBASE-14925 around the time I replied to Kevin.

Mind continuing discussion on HBASE-14925 ?

Cheers

Posted by Heng Chen <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.