Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/09 07:13:21 UTC

Board Report of ServiceComb Feb

Hi Team,

Here are the board report of this quarter, please let me know if you
have any questions about the report.

The mission of Apache ServiceComb is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a microservice framework that provides a set of tools and components
to make development and deployment of cloud applications easier.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache ServiceComb was founded 2018-10-17 (2 years ago)
There are currently 25 committers and 20 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 5:4.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was MabinGo on 2019-10-09.
- No new committers. Last addition was ChinX on 2020-05-27.

## Project Activity:
Some of the subprojects are in maintenance mode,
there are three releases of Java Chassis in the past quarter.
ServiceComb Java Chassis 2.1.5 was released on 2021-01-20.
ServiceComb Java Chassis 1.3.2 was released on 2021-01-04.
ServiceComb Java Chassis 2.1.3 was released on 2020-11-30.

## Community Health:
The PRs and commits are increased compared to the past quarter.
The issue number opened looks good, but the closed rate drops.
It looks like current developers just focus on their daily development work,
we need to spend some time on building the community and
bring more contributors on board.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem