Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Tarek M. Nabil" <ta...@isoft.ae> on 2004/05/29 17:00:54 UTC

Is this list active?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this list, and it seems that there's almost no activity at all on
the list. Is this list still active?

Thanks,
Tarek Nabil

RE: Is this list active?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Most new users use Apache Axis rather than Apache SOAP.
Development work on Apache SOAP pretty much stopped about 2.5 years ago when
the development team decided to start from scratch and rearchitect the code
base in order to properly implement support for WSDL, and they started the
Axis project. Unless you have the need to support existing Web services
developed with Apache SOAP, I suggest you start with Apache Axis.

See http://ws.apache.org/axis/.

The axis-user list is very active.

Anne