Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Helder Pinto <he...@dsi.uminho.pt> on 2003/10/16 11:30:18 UTC

org.xml.sax.SAXException: External entites are not permitted in XML configuration files

Hi!

I've been trying to use Pluto since some days ago. I installed it on Tomcat
4.1.27 + JDK 1.4.0. I know I should use JDK 1.3.1, but let me tell you what is
happening...

1. I started with JDK 1.4, and I got that SAXException (see below) in the logs,
when trying to access http://localhost:8008/pluto/portal.
2. I changed to JDK 1.3, and I still got the same exception.
3. I changed again to JDK 1.4, and I installed a newer version (from CVS), on
October 14th. Bravo! I could finally use and explore the "test" portlets! I
thought that was due to a new version of the "portlet.xml" file, which then
contained a good namespace/schema location URL (as said Reid Wakida in Oct
10th).
4. I downloaded the "bookmark" examples from JavaWorld (the recent ZIP file that
Stefan Hepper has posted) and tried to deploy it. It was OK. I added the
references to the new portlet in the pageregistry.xml and
portletentityregistry.xml files. When trying to access the portal, I got again
the same exception.
5. I removed the "bookmark" portlet and its references from the pluto registry
(commenting it), I tried to access again the portal, and I still got that same
exception...

Why is this happening? Can someone explain me?
Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Helder

P.S. exception message and stack trace below...

2003-10-16 10:08:07 PortletDefinitionRegistryService initializing...
2003-10-16 10:08:13 ServiceManager: An unidentified error occurred
org.xml.sax.SAXException: External entites are not permitted in XML
configuration files
 at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.xml.XmlParser$EntityResolver.resolveEntity(XmlParser
.java:185)
 at org.apache.xerces.util.EntityResolverWrapper.resolveEntity(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.resolveEntity(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaLoader.resolveDocument(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.findSchemaGrammar(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
 at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElem
entHook(Unknown Source)
 at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.
dispatch(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
 at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:86)
 at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.xml.XmlParser.parsePortletXml(XmlParser.java:96)
 at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.portletdefinitionregistry.PortletDefinition
RegistryServiceFileImpl.load(PortletDefinitionRegistryServiceFileImpl.java:211)
 at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.portletdefinitionregistry.PortletDefinition
RegistryServiceFileImpl.load(PortletDefinitionRegistryServiceFileImpl.java:189)
 at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.portletdefinitionregistry.PortletDefinition
RegistryServiceFileImpl.init(PortletDefinitionRegistryServiceFileImpl.java:165)
 at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.ServiceManager.init(ServiceManager.java:250
)
 at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.services.ServiceManager.init(ServiceManager.java:125
)
 at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.init(Servlet.java:105)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:668)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:2
10)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNex
t(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:1
91)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNex
t(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNex
t(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java
:171)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNex
t(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNex
t(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:577)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNex
t(StandardPipeline.java:641)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNex
t(StandardPipeline.java:643)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(Http11Protocol.java:392)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:61
9)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)