Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Thiago Souza <ju...@superig.com.br> on 2004/01/14 08:53:52 UTC

Differences

Hi ppl,

        What's the main difference between Struts, Tapestry and Turbine?

Thanks in advance!
Thiago Souza

Re: Differences

Posted by Thiago Souza <ju...@superig.com.br>.

    Thanks!

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Perhaps once most of the Committers are on the PMC list, we can move
> the administrative nonsense there again, and let the General list be
> the General list again :)

As a side note, Roy just insisted that a vote to release a product from the
Incubator be moved from the PMC list to the general@ list.  I am assuming to
perform that function in public.  Perhaps you'd like a public admin@ list?

	--- Noel

Re: Differences

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On Jan 14, 2004, at 7:08 PM, Ted Husted wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:00:31 -0500, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>> I understand why you came here to ask this, but its not really a
>> good place to ask (its more of an administrative list).  You'd be
>> better going and asking each of the projects (who will probably
>> send you links to their website).  Generally these messages devolve
>> into flamebait because each project feels very passionate about
>> their approach (enough to devote real time to developing it in
>> fact) so asking them all in a room together "what's the difference"
>> is well...often not pretty.
>
> Actually, this used to be the place where people could ask questions
> like this, and chat about everything under the Java sun.
>
> A while back, we co-opted the General list for use as the PMC public
> list. And subscribes to General have been falling every since. Less
> than a third of what they once were.
>
> Perhaps once most of the Committers are on the PMC list, we can move
> the administrative nonsense there again, and let the General list be
> the General list again :)

+1

geir@4quarters.com

Re: Differences

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

>The last "really good" (by some people's definition, I guess) flame war happened
>a couple of years ago ... and caused the subscription count on this list to
>drop from 4000 to 1500 in less than a month.

I wonder what that was? :-)

>It is currently 718.

Hope it will improve.

Vadim

RIA experiences

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Hi to all,

I'm taking a serious look at Rich Internet Applications, and I'm
investigating using FlashMX as client.

Did some of you have some experiences on this ?

- Are you using native ASObject via projects like openamf
   or just standard xmlrpc/soap to make client/servers comm ?

Advices are welcome :)

Re: Differences

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Quoting Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>:

> Ted Husted wrote:
>
> >Perhaps once most of the Committers are on the PMC list, we can move the
> administrative nonsense there again, and let the General list be the General
> list again :)
> >

> Looking forward to it. Do not remember when good flame worth reading
> last happened on this list.

The last "really good" (by some people's definition, I guess) flame war happened
a couple of years ago ... and caused the subscription count on this list to
drop from 4000 to 1500 in less than a month.

It is currently 718.

> Vadim

Craig McClanahan

Re: Differences

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.

Re: Differences

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: Differences

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:00:31 -0500, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Yes struts can use things that aren't JSP but is not OPTIMAL for
> that.

Thanks to the Velocity Tools,

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/index.html

many people, including myself, find Struts and Velocity to be an optimal combination.

-Ted.

Re: Differences

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Approach.