Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Jay Buffington <me...@jaybuff.com> on 2014/10/01 03:05:56 UTC

Re: MESOS-1739 Design Document: Allow slave reconfiguration on restart

Design documents like this are fantastic.  Not only do they make it
easier to understand justifications for changes, but they help me
understand the current state of affairs as well.  Keep them coming!

Even after the patch is merged this document has a lot of value.
Please make sure that the doc lives on as long as the code does and is
referenced in the jira and git commit messages that implement this
design.  Perhaps this design docs like this should be hosted on the
ASF's wiki?  An index of design docs would also be helpful.

Jay

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
All our design docs (likely after review phase in google docs) will live
here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MESOS.

We haven't been great about design docs in the past, but we are getting
better.