Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2019/10/15 23:27:46 UTC

[VOTE] Apache POI 4.1.1 release (RC2)

Hi *,

here is the 2nd try for the next release of Apache POI 4.1.1 (RC2).

The most notable changes in this release are:

- XSSF: Memory improvements which use much less memory while writing large xlsx files
- XDDF: Improved chart support: more types and some API changes around angles and width units
- updated dependencies to Bouncycastle 1.62, Commons-Codec 1.13, Commons-Collections4 4.4, Commons-Compress 1.19
- XWPF: Additional API methods
- XSSF: Fixes to XSSFSheet.addMergedRegion() and XSSFRow.shiftRows()
- EMF/HSLF: Rendering fixes
+ [the issue discussed in private@]

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/4.1.1-RC2/

As there were only minimal changes since RC1, I leave it up to you, if we run another mass regression test.

The vote keeps open for 72hrs until 2019-10-19 00:00 UTC.
Planned release announcement date is Sunday, 2019-10-23.

Andi

[RESULT] Apache POI 4.1.1 release (RC2)

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
The vote has passed with 4x +1 from POI PMCs.

I'll now release the artifacts and announce it on Monday or Tuesday, depending on Maven-Central availability.

Andi.

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.1.1 release (RC2)

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 https://github.com/pjfanning/poi-shared-strings/commit/ba2c3e2b285a0432549e9b79687c7682f7649a77 demonstrates how to test POI 4.1.1 RC in gradle builds.

    On Saturday 19 October 2019, 07:09:30 GMT+1, Axel Howind <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Andi,

I just downloaded the RC2 src zip, and the changes are in.

I didn't really run any test though because I don't know how to tell gradle to use https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/4.1.1-RC2/maven/. Or rather I know how to do that, but as the directory structure differs from the one on jcenter/mavencentral, the RC2 jars are not found.

Axel

Posted by Axel Howind <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andi,

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.
Hi Axel,

Posted by Axel Howind <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Alain Béarez <ab...@for-scala.it>.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

I am 1+,

Changes look ok, diff to previous RC looked good. I only saw that
FractionFormat will be slower by using all the BigInteger operations,
however it is probably used rarely and hopefully not for some of the very
large files that some people seem to process with POI.

Dominik.