Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nha Le <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/18 23:59:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache load balancing https request

I want to use Apache to load balance client request to 2 JBoss Tomcat instance (I use mod_jk to connect Apache and JBoss Tomcat).

I setup Apache server on one machine with IP 192.168.62.1, the 1st JBoss server is on 192.168.62.2 and the 2nd JBoss is on 192.168.62.3.

Apache load balances very well with http request, but with https request, it fails!?

For example, when client click on the "login" link, this link will redirect client to secured address "https://192.168.62.1:8443/login.do", but this link is NOT available. When I try this link directly to a JBoss Tomcat server, i.e. "https://192.168.62.2:8443/login.do" or "https://192.168.62.3:8443/login.do", this link works normally.

Apache does not forward https request to Tomcat server.

I try to change many things and search very long time on google but I could not find any solution for how to make Apache forward https request to JBoss Tomcat.

Please help me!
Thanks so much!

---------------------------------
Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache load balancing https request

Posted by Serge Dubrouski <se...@gmail.com>.
Something isn't clear here. If you use mod_jk that means that you use
AJP connector on Tomcat side. That's not HTTP neither HTTPS.
https://192.168.62.2:8443/login.do probably works because you
configured HTTPS connectors along with AJP but did you configure
Apache to connect to those connectors?

It's really hard to give you any advise without seeing your Apache
configuration. What do you mean by "load balance"? mod_jk load balance
or Apache load balance? Too many questions and not enough information.