Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sangeetha <ma...@comneti.com> on 2006/12/26 08:27:39 UTC

Am a new user to JMeter...please guide me how to proceed..

Hi,

   I am new user to JMeter,I dont know how to use JMeter.Here i give some of
information about my application.I am using fully GUI based application
using JAVA and SWING.server using for our application is Tomcat5.0.JAVA_HOME
jdk1.5.0_05.
   Now i download the jakarta-jmeter-2.2.zip and extract it.am a windows
user so i run JMeter.bat and get applet window.I read some user manual for
doing procedure,but i cant understand,i have so many doubts.so please can
any one help me and guide me to test my application..please tell me what are
the procedures i followed further and what are all the requirements is
needed for using JMeter.please explain me clearly...
   another one doubt for me if is it use 128MB RAM for JMeter running?

please reply me soon...
Thanks in advance for guide me.

Thanks
Sangeetha

Re: Am a new user to JMeter...please guide me how to proceed..

Posted by sangeetha <ma...@comneti.com>.
Hi Mehar,
First to thanks for ur response.
I want to test my GUI application by using this JMeter tool.but i dont know
how to use this tool.
what kind of requirements needed to JMeter.please tell me detail ,bcoz my PC
has 128MB RAM,is it suitable for JMeter testing..

Thanks
Sangeetha

Posted by Mehar SVLN <me...@gmail.com>.
Hai Sangeetha,

I think if u can provide some more information like what kind of things u
want to test then may be i can help u

Rgds
Mehar

On 12/26/06, sangeetha <ma...@comneti.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I am new user to JMeter,I dont know how to use JMeter.Here i give some
> of
> information about my application.I am using fully GUI based application
> using JAVA and SWING.server using for our application is
> Tomcat5.0.JAVA_HOME
> jdk1.5.0_05.
>    Now i download the jakarta-jmeter-2.2.zip and extract it.am a windows
> user so i run JMeter.bat and get applet window.I read some user manual for
> doing procedure,but i cant understand,i have so many doubts.so please can
> any one help me and guide me to test my application..please tell me what
> are
> the procedures i followed further and what are all the requirements is
> needed for using JMeter.please explain me clearly...
>    another one doubt for me if is it use 128MB RAM for JMeter running?
>
> please reply me soon...
> Thanks in advance for guide me.
>
> Thanks
> Sangeetha

Rgds
Mehar

Re: Am a new user to JMeter...please guide me how to proceed..

Posted by sangeetha <ma...@comneti.com>.

Posted by Labudu Gopanna <La...@cybage.com>.
Hi Sangeetha,

	First u need to add a thread group to your test plan (right
click on test plan->add->thread group)
              Fill the thread group page (first field for no. of users
put 2; for second filed put 0; for third field put 1 (indicates
iterations))

 Then add suitable request (right click on thread group ->
add->sample->HTTP Request; if Ur request is http request)
Configure HTTP request
 Follow below steps
1. Fill with Ur server address or IP address on server name or IP field.
2. Fill port number
3. Give Protocol name (default it takes http)
4. Give the path which page you want to test.

Add listener for results (right click on thread group ->add->
listeners-> view results in table)

Let me know the status

I don't have more information about ur application to explain more

Follow the below link to do the same.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/index.html

Can u send some details about ur application? Then I can send details

Hi Gopal,
already am having jdk1.5.... and download jakarta-jmeter-2.2..and also
run
jmeter.bat, i got a applet window,but my problem is i dont know how to
invoke my application in JMeter.

Thanks,
Sangeetha

Posted by sangeetha <ma...@comneti.com>.
Hi Gopal,

Posted by Labudu Gopanna <La...@cybage.com>.

Hi Sangeetha,

Posted by sangeetha <ma...@comneti.com>.

Hi Gopal,

Posted by Labudu Gopanna <La...@cybage.com>.
Hi Sangeetha,
[...]

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com