Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Markus KARG <ma...@gmx.net> on 2009/03/13 20:05:34 UTC

Is there a mavenized library for copying files?

I am writing a plugin which needs to copy files. Since the File.rename()
command can fail if source and target are on different drives, and since I
don't want to write my own byte mover loop, I wonder whether there is an
out-of-the-box file copy / file move library that I can just call?

RE: Is there a mavenized library for copying files?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Sorry I misunderstood the question. Plexus-utils has a fileUtils.move
(or something similar, don't have the source in front of me)

Posted by Mihailo Vasiljevic <mi...@gmail.com>.
Markus KARG wrote:
> I am writing a plugin which needs to copy files. Since the File.rename()
> command can fail if source and target are on different drives, and since I
> don't want to write my own byte mover loop, I wonder whether there is an
> out-of-the-box file copy / file move library that I can just call?

Try FileUtils.moveFile from the apache commons-io library (version 1.4).
It's not 'mavenized' but I think it will do the trick.

Regards,
Mihailo