Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by athula bogoda <at...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/04 04:21:20 UTC

J2EE option missing in Eclipse environment for Servlet.

Hi all,

I install eclipse 3.2 with Tomcat 5.0 to run servlets
under J2EE.
I follow the steps as displayed in the demo by
following link.
http://mirror.yoxos-eclipse-distribution.de/eclipse.org/technology/phoenix/demos/install-wtp/install-wtp.html

But in "Open Perspective" J2EE option is not
available. Also "Dinamic web Project" option also not
available.
What's the wrong on it.

Please help me.
Thanks,
Athula.

Re: J2EE option missing in Eclipse environment for Servlet.

Posted by Mir Kasim Ali <mi...@gmail.com>.
Yes I too have same proble.If sombody have any solution regarding Eclipse
3.2 please suggeset ASAP
But in 3.1 you can install plugins for J2EE available at MYECLIPSE..

On 1/4/07, athula bogoda <at...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I install eclipse 3.2 with Tomcat 5.0 to run servlets
> under J2EE.
> I follow the steps as displayed in the demo by
> following link.
>
> http://mirror.yoxos-eclipse-distribution.de/eclipse.org/technology/phoenix/demos/install-wtp/install-wtp.html
>
> But in "Open Perspective" J2EE option is not
> available. Also "Dinamic web Project" option also not
> available.
> What's the wrong on it.
>
> Please help me.
> Thanks,
> Athula.

Mir Kasim Ali
Software Consultant
WOIL-GTEC,Pune
Desk No ..:: 020-66056181
Mobile No..::+919423424146

Re: J2EE option missing in Eclipse environment for Servlet.

Posted by Mir Kasim Ali <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks its working

On 1/4/07, Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net> wrote:

> athula bogoda schrieb:
> > I install eclipse 3.2 with Tomcat 5.0 to run servlets
> > under J2EE.
> [...]
> > But in "Open Perspective" J2EE option is not
> > available. Also "Dinamic web Project" option also not
> > available.
> > What's the wrong on it.
>
> Did you try to run eclipse -clean after installing the plugins? Did you
> recieve any error messages while goin' through the installation procedure?
>
> Cheers & best,
> Kristian
>

> PS: As this appears to be a tomcat mailing list and this issue is
> inherently an Eclise one, the eclise newsgroups probably would be a
> better place to get helpful answers. ;)

Mir Kasim Ali
Software Consultant
WOIL-GTEC,Pune
Desk No ..:: 020-66056181
Mobile No..::+919423424146

Re: J2EE option missing in Eclipse environment for Servlet.

Posted by Kristian Rink <kr...@zimmer428.net>.
athula bogoda schrieb:
> I install eclipse 3.2 with Tomcat 5.0 to run servlets
> under J2EE.
[...]