Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rüdiger Kurz <r....@alkacon.com> on 2012/11/08 10:49:27 UTC

User story: Don't want to lose the semantic information I already have inside my CMS

Hi Staboler,

during ApacheCon in Sinsheim I had some interesting conversations with
Fabian, Rupert and Anil as result I want to summarize one of the
discussions as an user story telling a typical requirement for us as CMS
provider.

Talking about traditional Content Management Systems and assuming that
they don't store semantic informations is not correct. For example CMS
Systems already deliver RDFa annotated HTML, nearly all systems are
providing some tagging/categorizing mechanism. Specially OpenCms
provides a generic approach to define a structured content and therefore
we have the information that a specific field/item of a content has a
specified type and a defined label. E.g. A technology event named
ApacheCon takes place in Sinsheim from 05. Nov until 08. Nov 2012 is the
information that is already stored in OpenCms. More over OpenCms is able
to connect that event with all speakers/persons that will make a
presentation on that event, ...

What we would like to achieve is not only a plain text enhancement more
over we are interested in telling Stanbol all informations and
associations we already know. In other words we absolutely don't want to
lose the semantic information that is already existent in OpenCms.

A good starting point would be a REST endpoint providing the ability to
retrieve a RDFa annotated HTML document and than extracts the RDFa in
order to store those inside the semantic-index/entity-hub/... as I
previously suggested on the list under the subject "Extend stanbol
content hub for RDFa support". Maybe the content hub is not the right
component, but the requirement of RDFa extraction is still existent.

--
Kind Regards,
Rüdiger.

-------------------

Rüdiger Kurz

http://www.alkacon.com- http://www.opencms.org

Re: User story: Don't want to lose the semantic information I already have inside my CMS

Posted by Stéphane Corlosquet <sc...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 7:30 AM, Walter Kasper <ka...@dfki.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Rupert Westenthaler wrote:
>
>> Hi Walter, all
>>
>> I had already a look at the htmlextractor and I think it is a nice
>> addition to Stanbol!
>>
>> I would be interested in an Engine that does not only extract embedded
>> knowledge, but also keeps the link to the actual position within the
>> parsed Content. In more detail I would like to link the extracted
>> knowledge with an fise:Enhancement (e.g. a fise:TextAnnotation) that
>> selects the annotated part of the content.
>>
>> This would not only allow to have the extracted knowledge in the
>> metadata of the ContentItem, but also allow EnhancementEngines to
>> process those information in the same way as if they would be
>> extracted by an other engine (e.g. linking an RDFa annotation about an
>> Person, Place in the same way as an Person, Place detected by an NER
>> engine).
>>

> I think that could be done.
>

>> Jukka Zitting  presentation "Content extraction with Apache Tika" [1]
>> at the ApacheCon included a nice example on how to extract the text of
>> an Link. I think this is a nice starting point for such an feature.
>>
>> Generally I think it would be better to add RDFa, Micro Data support
>> to directly to Tika instead of implementing custom solutions within
>> Stanbol. WDYT?
>>

> Tika currently is not suitable for RDFa extraction etc. because its HTML
> parser (TagSoup) throws away all namespace declarations needed for the RDF.

You might want to consider any23 [1], another Apache project which can
extract RDFa and other semantic markups from HTML. There are also some
independent RDFa parser you can use in java such as [2].

Steph.

[1] http://any23.apache.org/extractors.html
[2] https://github.com/niklasl/clj-rdfa-jena

--
Steph.

Re: User story: Don't want to lose the semantic information I already have inside my CMS

Posted by Walter Kasper <ka...@dfki.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Walter, all

[...]

Rupert

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/jukka/content-extraction-with-apache-tika Slide 19

Posted by Walter Kasper <ka...@dfki.de>.
Hi Rüdiger,

Posted by Suat Gonul <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gabriel,

Currently, the component getting documents from a CMIS repository and
sending them to the Contenthub is the CMISContenthubFeeder[1] which is a
CMIS based implementation of ContenthubFeeder[2] interface. Actually,
this interface and its implementations are open to improve based on the
requirements of actual end users like you.

Currently, CMISContenthubFeeder assumes that documents in CMS have the
cmis:Document type. This component traverses all of the properties of a
document except the ones defined in the "excludedProperties" field
residing in the CMISContenthubFeeder class. This can make configurable
easily.

Another point is that: In the current version in the SVN, the properties
of a cmis:Document are sent to the Contenthub as explicit constraints
along with the ContentItem. We have changed this point such that the
properties of the document are added as a ContentItem part. This is a
more convenient way considering the structure of a ContentItem[3].

It's a long time since I have not worked on this feature and currently,
I have a problem when I get a CMIS session, so I cannot test this
feature. Once that issue is resolved I can add a configuration where you
can specify the properties to be excluded through the OSGi console.

Best,
Suat

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk/cmsadapter/cmis/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/cmsadapter/cmis/mapping/CMISContenthubFeeder.java
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk/cmsadapter/servicesapi/src/main/java/org/apache/stanbol/cmsadapter/servicesapi/mapping/ContenthubFeeder.java
[3]
http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/0.9.0-incubating/enhancer/contentitem.html

Posted by Gabriel Vince <ga...@apogado.com>.
Hello,

--
Gabriel Vince
Senior Consultant

Re: User story: Don't want to lose the semantic information I already have inside my CMS

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Rüdiger,