Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Arik Levin ( Tikal )" <ar...@businesslayers.co.il> on 2003/06/12 18:02:29 UTC

[Q] weblogic's precompile failed - SaxParser exception.

Hi all.

	I'm trying to precompile my JSP but with no luck.
	My JSP contains c.tld declaration.
	My war is running under weblogic 7 and everything is working just
fine, till it comes to precompile.

	This is what I get:

java.io.IOException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: The taglib validator
rejected the page: "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The root element is
required in a well-formed document., "
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Jsp2Java.outputs(Jsp2Java.java:124)
	at
weblogic.utils.compiler.CodeGenerator.generate(CodeGenerator.java:255)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Precompiler.compileOne(Precompiler.java:166)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.Precompiler.compile(Precompiler.java:55)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.precompileJSPs(WebAppServletC
ontext.java:4191)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.precompileJSPs(WebAppServletC
ontext.java:4184)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.prepareFromDescriptors(WebApp
ServletContext.java:1937)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.init(WebAppServletContext.jav
a:1070)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletContext.j
ava:1006)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:491)
	at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:362)
	at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepareWebModule(J2EEApplicationConta
iner.java:1531)
	at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2EEApplicationContainer.java
:688)
	at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2EEApplicationContainer.java
:576)
	at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(SlaveDeplo
yer.java:1064)
	at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.j
ava:732)
	at
weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHandler.ja
va:24)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:153)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:134)

Re: [Q] weblogic's precompile failed - SaxParser exception.

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
WLS 7 had (has?) some bugs with the XML it produces during JSP compilation.
Contact BEA to see if they hava a patch available. Two specific bugs I've
required patches for are CR077944 and CR081361. Be sure to let them know which
service pack(s) and patches you already have installed. Which brings up another
point, make sure you're running the latest service pack...

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>