Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Kumar, Ravi R" <ra...@hp.com> on 2007/10/22 16:01:19 UTC

LDAP Authentication

Hi,

I like to use LDAP Authentication for my Jetspeed 2.1.I will be
authenticating the user with our LDAP server.As per the LDAP
documentation the roles and groups can be part of the LDAP call for the
user.The LDAP call will be made by the jetspeed to retrieve information
related to roles and groups for the user correct me if iam wrong.Since
my LDAP call is readonly,we are not allowed to change the information in
LDAP server. I like to have the "admin" user defined outside of the LDAP
do i need to use LDIF file for this? and also how to handle profiling
rules for the user in  LDAP ?

Regards
Ravi

Re: LDAP Authentication

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Oct 25, 2007, at 10:48 PM, Kumar, Ravi R wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for your comments.If we not getting the profile rule from
> LDAP.then we are using the default one specified in
> jetspeed.properties
> file.Is it correct?
>
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------
> # P R O F I L E R
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------
> # default profiling rule names assigned to a new user
> profiler.rule.names.default = page
> # default profiling rule values assigned to a new user
> profiler.rule.values.default = j2

They are the defaults, for the case when a user does not have a
profiling rule associated with it.
You can also associate a user with a profiling rule, see the
PRINCIPAL_RULE_ASSOC table
The User Details portlet allows you to select a rule when creating a
new user
Likewise, the User Registration portlet allows for creating this
association
Or the Jetspeed API also supports this programmatically

I think in future releases we should reconsider what kind of
profiling information and user attributes are stored in LDAP
Right now its just the base users, role, groups
The next logical step will be to write an LDAp-backed
org.apache.jetspeed.userinfo.UserInfoManager
Please create a JIRA issue "New Feature" and tag it for the 2.2 release

RE: LDAP Authentication

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

RE: LDAP Authentication

Posted by "Kumar, Ravi R" <ra...@hp.com>.
Hi,

Can somebody through some light on profile rule through LDAP call.

Thanks
Ravi

Posted by "Kumar, Ravi R" <ra...@hp.com>.
Hi Vivek,