Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/08/13 22:35:57 UTC

request for testing volunteers (was Re: volunteer)

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 08:50  pm, Gary Yang wrote:

> I guess you can just compile and run Geronimo. If you find errors,
> report
> to here or bugzilla:-)

I'd love it if we could use JIRA for tracking issues & bugs & tasks to
do etc  but thats another issue...

> Is there any unit test, integration test and/or regression test plan?

There's still plenty to work on from the testing perspective. No need
to plan or organise teams - just dive in and do stuff! :)

I've added some broad items to the TODO list...

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheJ2EE/TO-DO

in particular

* hitting 100% coverage on the Clover report of the JUnit tests
* create a number of use case unit tests testing the expected
functionality of the whole J2EE container
* create some J2EE compliance unit tests - similar to the above but
using references to the relevant J2EE specification parts
* integration testing plan & implementation

Pretty much all of the above can be done now - no need to wait - get
hacking or documenting! :)

Creating our own specification or user case test suite could be just
based on the usual J2EE APIs and so be reusable on any J2EE container.

> From: "Yuri Tello" <yt...@sbs.gob.pe>
> Hi All,
>        I would like to contribute in Testing Geronimo. Please let me
> know
> whom to
> contact.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: request for testing volunteers (was Re: volunteer)

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.
I think we need to hop on this, so we can better manage patches, bugs,
requests and such.  I am lost in email right now...

Can we get a resolution on this ASAP?

--jason

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 09:44  pm, Gary Yang wrote:

> Cool.
>
> BTW, is JIRA free for this project?

It is for open source projects. We'd just need to get it OK'd with the

Posted by Gary Yang <yg...@comcast.net>.
Cool.

BTW, is JIRA free for this project?

Gary