Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/21 07:06:02 UTC

[VOTE] Release Shiro version 1.0.0-incubating

This is the first incubator release for Apache Shiro, version
1.0.0-incubating. The release is made following the standard
Apache/Maven release process as documented at
http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/apache-release.html. Note
that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

The issues solved for 1.0.0 (after the project entered Apache incubator):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310950&styleName=Html&version=12314078

The tag to be voted upon:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shiro/tags/shiro-root-1.0.0-incubating/

Staging repo for binaries:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheshiro-004/

Staging site:
http://incubator.apache.org/shiro/static/1.0.0-incubating/

Project website (just for informational purposes, not to be voted upon):
http://incubator.apache.org/shiro/

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours. Please do examine the source and binaries before voting.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Note that Incubator PMC needs to vote upon the release after a
successful PPMC vote before any release can be made official.

Re: [VOTE] Release Shiro version 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
It being late and me being tired, I missed that the release source
.zip is already in the Maven staging repo. I downloaded it and
verified it looks good.  My apologies for being dense.

Everything looks good to me, but I'm no expert in Incubator releases.

+1 to release.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Hi Kalle (and Mentors),

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Here's my

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
My builds work!
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Ok, merges are all done.  Kalle, can you please kick off a new release
of the tag and issue a new vote?

Les

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On May 21, 2010, at 7:40 AM, Kalle Korhonen wrote:

> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> -1  The developer list is incomplete.
>
> Each committer needs to add their own info to the pom. They can add it
> directly to the tag (and branch and trunk) to make it easier to
> re-release. I'll then drop the staging repo and re-deploy. I'm not
> even sure of the full committer list, so I'm not going to try and hunt
> down their information.

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/shiro.html

Please don't include me in the list.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE] Release Shiro version 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
I don't know how to update this particular webpage.  Is it as simple
as editing it on
people.apache.org:/www/incubator.apache.org/projects/shiro.html?

I have a suspicion that 1) Maybe this is auto-generated based on some
source elsewhere or 2) I might not be allowed to do it because I'm not
a mentor or Incubator PMC member.

Mentors, please advise.

Les

Posted by Juan Chung <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Merlin <es...@n0pe.org>.
+1 (non binding)

Tested with my apps and x509 work in progress, working flawlessly :)

\o/

/Paul

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Vote closed, result: failed. Reason:
-1  The pom.xml ->
http://incubator.apache.org/shiro/static/1.0.0-incubating/team-list.html
developer list is incomplete.

The tag is updated directly, will re-deploy and start a new vote.