Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net> on 2001/12/11 03:12:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 627 - trunk/www trunk/subversion/svnadmin

sussman@tigris.org writes:
> * www/server_setup.html:  Karl, I'm removing this doc from the website
>   for two reasons.  First, it was a pasted copy of a document in our
>   source tree;  at a mininum, it should have been a URL to the
>   'head'.  Second, the FAQ no longer points to this doc, it points to
>   the master INSTALL walk-through.

Yeah, but I *removed* the original file (notes/dav_setup.txt, right?)
:-)

Can you make sure it's alive somewhere?  It doesn't matter where it
lives, as long as

   a) We always have exactly one copy of the information, and
   b) It's linkable from the Web page

Actually, linking to HEAD satisfies (b) even better, so +1 on that.

-K

Re: svn commit: rev 627 - trunk/www trunk/subversion/svnadmin

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net> writes:

> Yeah, but I *removed* the original file (notes/dav_setup.txt, right?)
> :-)

Doh!  I forgot!

> Or, does INSTALL say everything now, so we need neither dav_setup.txt
> nor server_setup.html?  That would be great.

Great idea.  Done.  INSTALL is slowly growing into the documentation
center of the universe.

Re: svn commit: rev 627 - trunk/www trunk/subversion/svnadmin

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Or, does INSTALL say everything now, so we need neither dav_setup.txt
nor server_setup.html?  That would be great.

-Karl